My name is Aly Juma and here’s everything you need to know about me:
- I’m half Tanzanian, half Bengali, and Made in the USA
- I founded my first start up at the age of 19
- I graduated from The University of Michigan with a B.S. in Engineering (Go Blue!)
- I worked in Dar es Salaam for a year launching a startup in Digital Media & Branding
- I went to the past 2 World Cups (Germany & South Africa) and I’ll see you in Brazil
- I love to travel (see above)
- I know you need to take risks to get ahead in life and I’m not afraid to do so
- I graduated from IAE Graduate School of Management in Aix en Provence, France with a Masters in Global Innovation Management
- I connect the dots
- I currently work as a Business Intelligence consultant
- I’m what some people would call an introvert, I call it being a good listener
- I’m in the process of launching a gourmet food company centered around a cooperative in Morocco
- I’m an entrepreneur at heart (see above)
- I think everything in life starts with an idea & that starting is a never ending process
- I grill a mouth watering steak
- I collect things (i.e. vinyl records, t shirts, media, and more)
- I think that giving back and doing good should be a part of everyone’s lifestyle
- Information is my muse; I love consuming it, sharing it, analyzing it, and creating it
- I believe good design is important and that everything should not only look beautiful but be easy to use
- I read A LOT of books and love watching a good TED Talk
- I make lots of lists (see above)
I don’t know what you’d call someone like me. Well-rounded isn’t the right word, but it’s the first one that comes to mind.
See Also Jack of all Trades.
See Also: Curious Optimist.
See Also: Lifelong Learner.
I hope you enjoy my blog, my work, and my perspective.
Exploring, Learning, Sharing.